RefBan

Referral Banners

Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear Prudie: Should I Expose My Husband's Affair?

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
He Oughta Know
In a live chat, Prudie advises a woman determined to reveal her husband's affair to the partner's spouse.
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Monday, Aug 26, 2013, at 03:00 PM ET

Emily Yoffe, aka Dear Prudence, is on Washingtonpost.com weekly to chat live with readers. An edited transcript of the chat is below. (Sign up here to get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week. Read Prudie's Slate columns here. Send questions to Prudence at prudence@slate.com.)

See Emily live! She will be talking to Slate editor David Plotz and taking questions at Sixth and I in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 11. For tickets and more information, click here.

Q. Exposing an Affair: My husband had an affair. After I discovered the affair and my husband ended it, I wanted to let the other woman's husband know about the affair. I joined an online forum where people experiencing infidelity can offer one another support. Everyone on the site recommends telling the affair partner's spouse: They say the other spouse has a right to know and that it helps destroy the secrecy that makes affairs appealing. I agreed with that. But my husband said the other woman's husband is abusive and would almost certainly hurt her if the affair came to light. I feel like he's defending his affair partner by telling me not to expose the affair. The potential for abuse is the only thing keeping me from contacting the other husband, and sometimes I think the abuse is a cover story to keep me from telling him. I just discovered I have an STD, which my husband gave me. We are ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



Designed by Doofuses in California


Warp Speed? Not So Fast.


Dallol: A Boiling, Salty Landscape Hostile to Human Visitors

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: