RefBan

Referral Banners

Monday, July 8, 2013

Dear Prudie: I Imagine Other Women During Sex With My Wife

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Georgia on My Mind
In a live chat, Prudie advises a man unable to have sex with his wife unless he imagines she's someone else.
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Monday, Jul 08, 2013, at 06:57 PM ET

Emily Yoffe, aka Dear Prudence, is on Washingtonpost.com weekly to chat live with readers. An edited transcript of the chat is below. (Sign up here to get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week. Read Prudie's Slate columns here. Send questions to Prudence at prudence@slate.com.)

Emily Yoffe: Good afternoon, everyone. Let's get going.

Q. Imagining Sex: My wife of seven years and I have an amazing life together. It's everything I could have dreamed of growing up. However, when we're having sex, I think of everyone and anyone but her. I imagine myself with past lovers, with friends and co-workers and with women I walk by in the street. I never think of her and am pretty sure I wouldn't climax if I did. Is this normal or a problem? Do I not love her, or not love her enough? Am I destined to cheat at some point?

A: Ever see your wife close her eyes during lovemaking? If so, don't ask, "Am I Channing Tatum now?" Thank goodness there's a hard, impenetrable case around the soft substance that produces our thoughts and our sexual fantasies. There's a reason evolution did not result in subtitles being projected across our foreheads so everyone can know what's really going on in our heads. You have a great marriage. And I think part of the reason your sex life stays so fresh is that you are able to imagine that ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



You're Getting Warmer: Another Wall Street Journal Global Warming Article Misses the Target


Brazilian Soccer Fans Revive One of History's Most Inhumane Punishments


Judd Apatow and Amy Poehler's Long Lost Sitcom About Mental Illness

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: