RefBan

Referral Banners

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Piece of the Devil

If I were interviewed by the cops like in one of those crime shows I watch all the time I’d want to be gardening. Or maybe in an office setting. I used to watch CSI but I watch a lot of Law and Order now, my favorites are SVU with Stabler and Olivia, and Criminal Intent but ONLY the episodes that have Vincent D’onofrio because… I love that guy. Anyway, so let’s say I’m being interviewed about a suspect – I don’t know what the crime is; just a suspicious character. I’d open with something dramatic like "That boy has a piece of the devil in his heart." Come to think of it – maybe this should take place in a kitchen setting, drinking coffee. No… hot tea, that seems better. Anyway – the interview would go something like this:


“That boy has a piece of the devil in his heart.”

“What makes you say something like that?” one of the cops would say.

“He could be a really kewl guy,” I’d say while sipping my tea, “Even nice. I’ve seen him be generous and imitate kindness… but he always had a shadow around him. He has a real dark side – and I’ve seen it. I wasn’t there when he killed that cat but I believe it. We had a few beers one time and he told me that he woke up with a bunch of purses and didn’t know where he got them. He told me he burned them. He didn’t seem at all concerned by his loss of time, I’m still not sure why he told me it wasn’t like a confession he wasn’t remorseful. I don’t understand his motivation for doing most of the things he does… and even the things I do understand I don’t usually agree with. I don’t trust him to do the right thing, more than that – I’m almost sure he doesn’t take right and wrong into consideration. Not even consequence… and he thinks he’s smarter then everybody. I’m not saying he isn’t capable of doing good things… but he is definitely capable of doing harm. I’m sure of it.”

...

To read the rest of the interview, go here

No comments: