RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, June 24, 2010

BP Oil Dotting Gulf Coast Beaches, Beachgoers' Feet (VIDEO)

Map of Florida with major roads and citiesImage via Wikipedia

As more and more videos like this are posted from the Alabama and Florida coasts, I'm sad to say that the tourism industry that drives this part of the country is taking a fast nosedive - and at the worst possible time. It is sad too for the many, many folks such as us who know that this is - or at least was - one of the most beautiful stretches of beach anywhere in the world. Now, the questions are going to come about how do you get one, giant company to pay damages for crippling the economy of an entire multi-state region. I'm afraid there's simply not enough of BP to go around to truly come close to making everyone "whole" in this coastal area.



Thanks, BP! Heckuva job, Tony!




++++++++++++++++++++++

1 comment:

rahrishka said...

Where is everyone at?? I thought they were supposed to be cleaning up. I think there should be no more BP the oil people. I think they should be out of business. I think this should be the death of this company (I predict it). They should now be a non-profit organization that is dedicated to cleaning the Gulf coast for at least a decade and committed to reviving the eco system for 30 years.