RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dear Prudie: I'm Marrying My Late Wife's Sister

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Keeping It in the Family
How do I explain to people I'm marrying my late wife's sister?
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Aug 15, 2013, at 10:15 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Got a burning question for Prudie? She'll be online at Washingtonpost.com to chat with readers each Monday at noon. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

See Emily live! She will be talking to Slate editor David Plotz and taking questions at Sixth and I in Washington, D.C., on Sept. 11. For tickets and more information, click here.

Dear Prudence,
I am a widower in my mid-30s. Five years ago a drunk driver killed my wife. I was devastated. For the first couple of years I was in a sad, isolated, and withdrawn state. But the passage of time did help heal me. My wife's younger sister moved to my city to begin her medical residency more than two years ago. She invited me to a few social events when she arrived and soon we became physically intimate. At first I was in shock, as she had been my sister-in-law. However, things developed and it is serious. There's a problem, however: She's never told her parents about us. I understand the topic is awkward and her parents and I have had a strained relationship. But she and I are planning to move in together and will be getting engaged, so it's only a matter of time before they find out ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



The Supreme Court's First Amendment Cowardice


Will Black Actresses Ever Catch Up to Their Peers?


How to Revive Airline Competition

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: