RefBan

Referral Banners

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dear Prudie: My Friend Stalks My Baby

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Attack of the Baby Snatcher
In a live chat, Prudie counsels a woman whose childless friend is obsessed with her infant daughter.
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Tuesday, Jul 09, 2013, at 10:15 AM ET

Emily Yoffe, aka Dear Prudence, is on Washingtonpost.com weekly to chat live with readers. An edited transcript of the chat is below. (Sign up here to get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week. Read Prudie's Slate columns here. Send questions to Prudence at prudence@slate.com.)

Q. Friend Obsessed With My Baby: I had my daughter about six months ago. In my circle of friends I'm the only to have a baby, so needless to say she gets a lot of attention. One friend in particular seems to be a little obsessed with her, and it kind of freaks me and my husband out. She's constantly buying things for her, referring to herself as her godmother (she's not, my sister is, and she knows it). She asks for pictures of her throughout the day to help get her through work, and mentions that while she's looking for a new job she would never relocate because she wants to be near my daughter. And recently when she comes over, she asks if she can wear her in my baby carrier so people will think she's her child! I appreciate that she is so supportive of us, and I know most people find their childless friends grow absent once they have a baby, but this is just a little over the top. My husband and I nervously joke about her stealing her someday. Are we right to feel a little strange about my ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



First Lost, Then Murdered


The Scrotum Is Nuts


The Sherry Cobbler

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: