RefBan

Referral Banners

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dear Prudence: In Love With the Nanny

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
In Love With the Nanny
In a live chat, Dear Prudence advises a woman whose ex has fallen for their sitter.
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Tuesday, Jan 03, 2012, at 08:19 PM ET

Emily Yoffe, aka Dear Prudence, is on Washingtonpost.com weekly to chat live with readers. An edited transcript of this week's chat is below. (Sign up here to get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week. Read Prudie's Slate columns here. Send questions to Prudence at prudence@slate.com.)

Emily Yoffe: Happy New Year! I look forward to the 2012 dilemmas.

Q. Dating the Nanny: Over Christmas my ex-husband Matt confessed his love for Maggie, the nanny we hired shortly after our divorce. Maggie worked for us for three years, until she graduated in June. Our kids adore her. I came to trust and love her. Matt tells me they slept together twice before June and "battled some powerful feelings" for one another before that. They began dating in June, and now he could see himself marrying her someday. I feel like Matt kicked me in the stomach. I cannot imagine watching him and Maggie as a couple. In fact, I never want her around my kids again. At the same time, I know Maggie loves our kids. And Matt seems to genuinely love her. I'm happily remarried, and I don't want him to be lonely. I'm just not sure I can overcome the sense of betrayal I feel. My sister pointed out that I couldn't ask for a better woman to be around my kids, but I feel like all the good things I knew about Maggie are false. Can you give ...

To continue reading, click here.

Join the Fray: our reader discussion forum
What did you think of this article?
POST A MESSAGE | READ MESSAGES

Also In Slate

Weigel: How Ron Paul Diehards Plan To Keep His Campaign Alive After Iowa


What the Iowa Caucuses Would Look Like if They Really Were a Horse Race


Was Matt Flynn's Amazing Performance Sunday a Fluke?

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2011 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036


No comments: