RefBan

Referral Banners

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Cynical Girl: The week ahead begins with December 15, 2013.

The Cynical Girl: The week ahead begins with December 15, 2013.

Link to The Cynical Girl

The week ahead begins with December 15, 2013.

Posted: 15 Dec 2013 03:45 AM PST

givenchy bootsHello, everyone. Happy Sunday. Hope you had a great weekend.

I spent my weekend doing ordinary things: holiday parties, shopping, reviewing articles on long-term unemployment, and scooping cat litter.  At some point, I am going to edit my upcoming article for The Conference Board Review and finish cleaning out my closet. I’ve already made one trip to Plato’s Closet and sold 25 designer items for $107.05.

Ugh. Such a waste of money.

A young woman behind the counter asked me, “What do you do for a living that you’re wearing Givenchy shoes?”

I said, “I work in HR.”

(Sarah White told me that I’m going to pay dearly for lying to those girls, but I think they could do worse than aspire to work in human resources.)

So that was my weekend.

If you aren’t paying attention to school shootings and issues in the Ukraine, I am disappointed in you. You should watch for news on Thailand and North Korea. And you should still be concerned about Egypt and Syria, too.

(I know, I know. It’s a lot for the holiday season. But political oppression and poor public policy don’t take a back seat to Christmas. Got it?)

Have a good week. Be safe. Make good choices.

No comments: