RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dear Prudie: I Missed My 20s by Having a Kid

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Wonder Years
I'm 28 and love my daughter. But shouldn't I be having more fun at this age?
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Aug 29, 2013, at 10:15 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Got a burning question for Prudie? She'll be online at Washingtonpost.com to chat with readers next Tuesday after the holiday at noon. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

See Emily live! She will be talking to Slate editor David Plotz and taking questions at Sixth and I in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 11. For tickets and more information, click here.

Dear Prudence,
I'm a 28-year-old male and have a 4-year-old daughter with my partner of nine years (we're not married but completely committed). My daughter was not planned and I had serious reservations about having a child at such a young age, but there's a lot of love in our family and everything has worked out. But since taking a new job several months ago, I've started feeling differently. All of my co-workers are young and I've made a few good friends, but I often have to decline invitations to events I'd really like to attend because of my family obligations, or because I can't afford it. I'm the only one with a full plate of adult responsibilities, including supporting my partner, who is an artist and doesn't bring home a paycheck every week. So I have to say no to joining them on ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



Obama's War of Words


When Woody Allen First Got Serious


Would You Just Look at All Those Rich People!

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: