RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dear Prudie: Can My Hookup Pal Give Me Career Advice?

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Performance Review
I've been sleeping with an older man in my field. Can I ask him to professionally mentor me?
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Jul 25, 2013, at 10:15 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Got a burning question for Prudie? She'll be online at Washingtonpost.com to chat with readers each Monday at noon. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

Dear Prudence,
I am a hormonal young woman and was craving an easy hookup, so I tempted fate (and horny dudes) on the Internet. Fate (and the dudes) took the bait, and of the hundreds of responses I received, one stood out because he accidentally attached a professional summary. I found out it was a man who works in my field, and is a fair number of years my senior. We met up; we hooked up; we became friends. He and I are both unmarried and unattached, but neither of us wants to move have a romantic relationship with each other. I have now begun to date closer to my age group, so I don't want to share playtime with him anymore, but haven't told him yet. Being entry-level in the field, I could really use a mentor and have excellent access to this guy. I really don't want to exploit him or make him feel rejected or awkward, and I want to be as professional as possible to keep suspicions of "secret lovers" at bay. Two questions: 1) Is it OK to pursue his help ...

To continue reading, click here.

Also In Slate



The Anthony Weiner Timeline


Too Good to Be True


I Only Take Vacations Alone

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2013 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036

No comments: