RefBan

Referral Banners

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: The Return of Brent

The Cynical Girl: Monday Morning HR Humor: The Return of Brent

Link to The Cynical Girl

Monday Morning HR Humor: The Return of Brent

Posted: 25 Mar 2013 03:45 AM PDT

The Week Ahead: March 24, 2013

Posted: 24 Mar 2013 03:45 AM PDT

Andy Warhol Happy Sunday. It’s been busy around here. I have been to Boston, Chicago, London and Las Vegas during the past four weeks. I am a little tired.

But luckily we are about the begin one of the slowest blogging weeks of the year. It’s Passover and the holy week of Easter. Kids are home from school. Bonuses have been paid. Corporate workers are on vacation.

So this week will be a fun week on the blog because I can write stuff and no one will pay attention.

And I can work on my creative writing. As you know, I failed to write my novel on feminism, coal miners and abortion set in 1960s Appalachia. I failed to finish my book of short stories that highlight love, alcoholism and political unrest in Prague. I killed my screenplay about a Chief Marine Veterinarian at an aquarium. I never wrote a book called 100 Essential Modern Poems About Work. I wanted to write a sweet little novella about a 40-year-old woman who is starting over. I got the idea to copy the song New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down and turn it into HR, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down. And I was going to write a playscript based on the life of Joan Jonas.

All of that failed.

This week? I’m going to work on a TV pilot. There’s a Human Resources Director who is in love with the head of IT. Together they enforce rules even though their love breaks the company’s rules. The show is called Compliance.

Yes? Yes? Would you watch that? You watch Scandal, ffs. You will watch this!

Okay, okay, okay. Hope you have a good week!

PS – Don’t forget to support animals on Facebook. Read about it here.

No comments: