RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Cynical Girl: Being Famous: It Would Have Happened By Now

The Cynical Girl: Being Famous: It Would Have Happened By Now

Link to The Cynical Girl

Being Famous: It Would Have Happened By Now

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 03:45 AM PDT

This number is a few years old, but 51% of Generation Y wants to be famous. And I know many of you want to be famous. You’ve told me.

And I know that there was a point in my life where I wanted to be famous. That’s why I considered writing a book and doing media.

Now I just want to be liked by a small group of people who can pay me.

Have you ever had someone tell you that you can’t do it? That if it was going to happen for you, it would have happened by now?

Shutterbugs: Episode 1 UCBcomedy.com…
Watch more comedy videos from the twisted minds of the UCB Theatre at UCBcomedy.com…

They are right. Very right.

So what can you do if you’ve missed your opportunity for fame? What do you do if you’re mediocre but have a strong desire to be on TV and loved by millions of people? Well, you can wait a few years. The urge for fame and notoriety goes away as you get a little older, look back on your life and start to fear that your flaws and your mistakes could make the front page of a magazine.

What’s worse? Your flaws and mistakes could be on the back page of a magazine and nobody would care.

That’s humiliating.

Fame is for suckers. Let the urge go. You’ll be happier and healthier because of it.

No comments: