RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dear Prudence: Smell Ya Later!

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
Smell Ya Later!
Should I break up with my fiance because he thinks I have horrible body odor?
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Mar 01, 2012, at 11:00 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Got a burning question for Prudie? She'll be online at Washingtonpost.com to chat with readers each Monday at 1 p.m. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

Dear Prudence,
Last night, a bit too much wine prompted my fiance to tell me a secret he's been keeping for years: He thinks I smell bad. And that's why our sex life has been on the decline. I know I do sweat more than some people, but I shower daily and always use deodorant. I can't figure out if I am actually as bad as he says or if he just thinks I'm stinky because he is lucky enough to have totally odorless sweat. I am seriously considering calling off the wedding because of this. I just can't imagine that our marriage would last if he's repulsed by me. Am I overreacting, or do I need to leave him?

—No B.O.

Dear No,
At least you have the answer as to why his ardor swells every time he gets a sinus infection. Of course it's a terrible blow to have your fiance reveal that he thinks you smell like goat stew that's been left in the sun. But consider this another way: He must really love you ...

To continue reading, click here.

Join the Fray: our reader discussion forum
What did you think of this article?
POST A MESSAGE | READ MESSAGES

Also In Slate

Fiery Conservative Journalist Andrew Breitbart Dead at 43


Saletan: Some Media Are Accusing Romney of Flip-Flopping on Contraception. He Hasn't.


Why Is the Car Industry in Detroit, Anyway?

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2011 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036


No comments: