RefBan

Referral Banners

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dear Prudence: A Marriage Hits a Rough Patch

Slate Magazine
Now playing: Slate V, a video-only site from the world's leading online magazine. Visit Slate V at www.slatev.com.
Dear Prudence
A Marriage Hits a Rough Patch
Hubby's new beard rubs me the wrong way, but he refuses to shave!
By Emily Yoffe
Posted Thursday, Dec 29, 2011, at 11:33 AM ET

Get Dear Prudence delivered to your inbox each week; click here to sign up. Please send your questions for publication to prudence@slate.com. (Questions may be edited.)

Next week's live chat at Washingtonpost.com will be on a special day: Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012, at 1 p.m. Submit your questions and comments here before or during the live discussion.

Dear Prudence,
I have what seems to be a petty problem, but it's really becoming an issue in my marriage. My husband and I have been together for almost 20 years and have three kids. We are well-educated, have satisfying jobs, and still enjoy each other's company, with one exception. He has recently grown a beard. In years past he has occasionally had a beard for a short while, and each time after a few weeks he's gotten rid of it, to my relief. I hate it. I don't find it attractive, and more importantly I hate the way it feels on my skin when we kiss or do anything more intimate. This time, he's refusing to shave and has made this beard into a "love me, love my beard" situation. I finally told him not to even try to kiss me until he shaves. This led to a huge fight, and we're barely speaking. I can't help the way his beard physically makes me feel! Help!

—Close Shave

Dear Close,
Where are those crazed Amish beard cutters when you need ...

To continue reading, click here.

Join the Fray: our reader discussion forum
What did you think of this article?
POST A MESSAGE | READ MESSAGES

Also In Slate

Can You Really Make a Bomb Out of a Cupcake?


Yglesias: Maybe Average People Should Avoid the Stock Market Entirely


Is the Guy From Bon Iver the Worst Poet in the History of Pop Music?

Advertisement


Manage your newsletters subscription: Unsubscribe | Forward to a Friend | Advertising Information


Ideas on how to make something better? Send an e-mail to slatenewsletter@nl.slate.com.

Copyright 2011 The Slate Group | Privacy Policy
The Slate Group | c/o E-mail Customer Care | 1350 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 410 | Washington, D.C. 20036


No comments: